Bath time with your puppy can be very stressful. It can be stressful for you, but it can be especially nerve wracking for your dog. There are several reasons for this:
- Some dogs don’t like getting wet.
- Some dogs won’t get in the tub.
- Some dogs had a bad experience with the tub previously.
- Some dogs want to jump in the tub, AND bring you in with them.
- And, some just avoid it at all costs (kind of like most cats you know!)
Thankfully, there are some things that you can do to make bath time a little less stressful for your puppy. These steps apply to new puppies, old dogs, or dogs that simply aren’t super fond of baths. If you, or someone you know has had a frustrating time giving your dog a bath recently this list is for you.